What does “proud” and “responsible” look like in your home? You may be surprised to learn that your child’s sex class teaches that being “proud” and “responsible” has everything to do with their “reproductive rights” to have sex whenever and with whomever they wish.
Plus, with “rights” come “responsibility” and that means making the “proud” decision to use condoms with every act of vaginal, oral and anal sex. Is that what you teach your child about acting “responsibly” and taking “pride” in their in their accomplishments?
(Did you also know that condoms have never ever been FDA approved for oral or anal sex? Yet, sex ed is all about teaching minors, who cannot legally consent to sex, how to have “fun and pleasurable” sex – as long as they use condoms?)
Making Proud Choices!, listed on the Planned Parenthood website, is a sexually explicit, even erotic, program targeting 11-14 year old minors. SexPerts across the nation say whatever it takes to get into school districts. They claim that Making Proud Choices! is abstinence-based, that anything offensive will be edited, that adaptations are made consistent with local community standards, and that they will even rename the program!
Why make all of these concessions if the original version is so perfect in every way? It isn’t and they know it! None of their “smoke and mirror” promises change the intent of Making Proud Choices!, which is to groom minors for the sex.
Making Proud Choices! teaches minors that they can still be “proud and responsible” while engaging in sexual activity contrary to the standards taught at home, in their churches, and in a healthy society.
What can you do?:
- Demand that Charleston County School Trustees put Academic Excellence first and protect our children from sex programs like Making Proud Choices!
- Save a copy of the flyer. Send, post, and print copies for your friends, especially other parents.
- If you live in Charleston, SC contact the School Trustees and tell them to Vote No! on Making Proud Choices! in our schools.
- Attend the public hearing on Tuesday, August 4 at 9 AM at the school district to protest Making Proud Choices! Your presence will speak volumes.
- Speak at the protest for 1-minute, which only allows a few sentences. Make them count.
- Sign the petition to //www.standunited.org/petition.js“>Stop Planned Parenthood Sex Ed in Charleston, SC TODAY!
If you don’t, no one else will.
Read previous blog: Abstinence Redefined! Really?