Parents, if you have children enrolled in the 9th grade in Statesville-Iredell School District (NC), you need to know that your child (a minor) is targeted with one of the worst Safer Sex/Sexual Foreplay curricula in the nation.
Making Proud Choices!, A Safer-Sex Approach to Teen Pregnancy, STD, & HIV Prevention, is also listed on the Planned Parenthood Sex Education website and is part of the SIECUS agenda to change America one school district at a time.
Making Proud Choices! is on the fast track for approval in your school district either on January 6th or 13th , 2014. This sexually explicit curriculum was tabled by the Board early this month due to questions and concerns. At that time, the Board requested copies of the curriculum and any videos or DVDs that go with it.
To date, none of the School Board members have received copies of anything, yet they are expected to approve Making Proud Choices! next month and then find out what is in it. We have heard of this strategy before: “We have to pass the bill, so that you can find out what is in it.”
Unless you, the parents, say NO! to Making Proud Choices! on January 6th, your child will learn how to:
- make condoms fun and pleasurable,
- use condoms as a method of foreplay,
- act sexy/sensual when putting condoms on,
- hide condoms on your body and ask your partner to find it,
- tease each other sexually while putting on a condom,
- have fun putting one on your partner, while pretending you are different people or in different situations,
- feel more relaxed and really enjoy yourself, and
- use condoms to make erections last longer!
This list is from page 150 of Making Proud Choices! in a module entitled “How to Make Condoms Fun and Pleasurable.” While Making Proud Choices! is used as contraception education, in reality it goes beyond contraception instruction to teach minors how to have fun and pleasurable sex so that they will use condoms.
Making Proud Choices is exactly what it says it is, “A Safer-Sex Approach to Teen Pregnancy, STD & HIV Prevention.” It doesn’t even claim to teach middle school students how to abstain from sex, although “abstinence” is mentioned beginning on page 60 and afterwards as a disclaimer in some of the lessons.
To garner support for Making Proud Choices! proponents across the nation have made many impossible promises. (Kinda like the passing of Obamacare.) They promised that they would make the primary focus “abstinence” and the secondary focus “contraception.” There are some real problems with those promises:
- They cannot and will not take a sexual foreplay program, and turn it into an “abstinence focused” program? This is a ruse.
- The Planned Parenthood Network, which includes SIECUS and the ACLU, wants you to focus on the Abstinence vs. Contraception debate, rather than the Contraception vs. Sexual Foreplay content they are teaching your child.
- North Carolina is going in the wrong direction. CDC data indicates that almost 75% of minors nationally have not had sex, so why are we teaching sexual foreplay to 100% of all minors in school districts when they should be focused on academics, sports and being a kid?
- Reproductive Health is not taught in this curriculum. This is required under NC Law. Do they not want kids to know about when and where conception takes place?
- NC Law requires that abstinence from sexual activity outside of marriage be taught as the expected standard, but Making Proud Choices does not recognize marriage, therefore it cannot teach that marriage is the optimal context for sexual activity.
- Family life Education is barely discussed except in the context of how getting pregnancy would affect the parent.
- Under Pregnancy Prevention Education, the most effective means of preventing pregnancy, abstinence, is not even mentioned until page 60 as the very last choice. Benefits of condom use are explained but not the risks.
- STDs: MPC covers HIV/AIDs but does not promote abstinence as the best strategy to prevent HIV/AIDS. Other STDs such as HPV, Herpes, that are transmitted skin to skin, outside of the area a condom would cover, are barely discussed. HPV is missing from a poster listing STDs.
- Students are encouraged to “make proud choices” but discouraged from making “moral choices.”
- While NC Law allows for teaching about contraception, it does not appear to allow for teaching pleasurable and fun Safe Sex or Sexual Foreplay in the schools.
Based on the evaluations of Making Proud Choices! listed on the US HHS website, it is a questionable choice for the students of Iredell County, NC. Making Proud Choices! has only been evaluated for community and after school programs, not for school settings – yet it is being used in public schools across the nation! High risk teens that were part of the community and after school programs and already having sex used condoms more often, but virgin teens that had sex after participating in the program, did not use condoms.
How safe is that? I thought that was the whole idea behind teaching ALL children about “safe sex”! So they would be prepared in the heat of the moment!
So, if minors cannot legally consent to sex, why are we allowing US Health and Human Services, Planned Parenthood Zealots and some in the school district to exploit and seduce kids into having sex?
The Planned Parenthood Network will not stop pushing sexual foreplay education in your schools unless you, the parents and taxpayers, demand the best sexual health programs for their children.